Consultancy news /
- 23rd September 2016
Tom Fleming Speaking at Caribbean Directors of Culture Meeting, Barbados
As the final part of TFCC's business plan for the proposed Caribbean Creative Industries Development Unit, Tom will be presenting at the annual meeting of Caribbean Directors of Culture. These are representatives from each Caricom government.
Tom will present the key elements of the business plan, where the CCIMU has a vision to be:
'The premier provider of evidenced based services to enhance the performance and competitiveness of the Caribbean Creative Industries Management Unit across the Caribbean and internationally.'
- 22nd September 2016
Evaluation of the Women Make Music Programme
TFCC has been appointed by the Performing Rights Society Foundation (PRSF) to evaluate their Women Make Music Programme.
Women Make Music supports the development of outstanding women songwriters and composers of all genres and backgrounds at different stages of their career. Through a survey, interviews and case studies, TFCC will be evaluating how the programme has delivered against the following aims:
- To break down assumptions and stereotypes within the music industry by encouraging role models for future generations
- To raise awareness of the gender gap and to ensure that women are aware that support for new music is available to them
- To increase the profile of women who are creating new music in the UK
- To encourage women who may otherwise not have applied for PRS for Music Foundation funding to do so.
This builds on our earlier evaluation work for the PRSF - including the Momentum Music Fund.
- 7th September 2016
Nurturing Creative Entrepreneurship, Opening Up Institutions, Aveiro, Portugal: Presentation available on-line
Tom Fleming's keynote presentation at this major seminar has finally been published on-line. The event explored new models for academia and the arts and cultural sector in developing an enabling environment for creative entrepreneurs. The presentation can be viewed here:
- 31st August 2016
TFCC to advise Arts Council England on Creative Industries Investment Priorities
TFCC is looking forward to working with colleagues at Arts Council England to help shape an effective investment landscape for artist-led creative industries activity. This will involve two key work streams:
- Research and analysis to explore whether the Grants for the Arts Programme is an appropriate funding mechanism to support policy aspirations for the creative industries activities and, if so, to develop appropriate resources, processes and guidance to be taken to the Executive Board and National Council.
- Support colleagues in Arts Council England to map and review programmes of work that are of relevance to their creative industries policy agenda and that they are delivering through strategic and other funds. This information will be used to develop a set of recommendations for the incoming Executive Director of Innovation and Enterprise and Director of Creative Industries.
- 12th July 2016
Study on the Value of Culture in the West Midlands, UK
TFCC is currently undertaking a study to assess the value of culture across the West Midlands with a view to a potential combined authority as part of any future devolution process.
This task, commissioned by Birmingham City Council and led by our senior associate Andrew Erskine, involves a baseline study of secondary data to provide intelligence on the current value proposition for culture in the West Midlands. It also involves ongoing consultation with local authorities to better understand current investment in culture and perceptions of the return on investment this delivers.