Consultancy news /
- 24 Jan 13
Tom Fleming in Edinburgh as Learning Partner to Scotland's Digital Development Programme for the Arts
Tom will be participating in the latest R&D Workshop - held at the Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art. This includes leading a session on learning and development issues for participating organisations.
The Digital Development Programme is based on a partnership of NESTA, Creative Scotland and AHRC. It includes a Digital Development Fund, AmbITion and Sync - a suite of activities collectively purposed to lift the digital capacity of the arts and cultural sector in Scotland.
- 22 Jan 13
Tom Fleming Creative Consultancy Hosting a Delegation from Ulyanovsk, Russia
As part of our ongoing work across Russia, we are excited to be hosting a delegation of senior policy-makers and cultural operators from the Ulyanovsk Region, Russia. With the support of The British Council, we are introducing colleagues from Ulyanovsk to some leading cultural organisations and creative industries programmes in London, Liverpool and Glasgow.
Visitors from Ulyanovsk include the Governor of Ulyanovsk Oblast, Sergey Morozov; the Minister of Culture, Tatiana Murdasova; and representatives from Ulyanovsk Capital of Culture.
The delegation is also taking this opportunity to launch the Plastov Awards - billed as 'the world's richest arts prize', with a 500,000 Euro budget. The award is financed by Ulyanovsk Oblast as part of its overall strategy to promote culture and creativity as key drivers for the region's growth and competitiveness.
- 20 Jan 13
Tom Fleming Creative Consultancy to Evaluate Arts Council England's Creative Industry Finance Pilot
Creative Industry Finance is an Arts Council England initiative operated by ArtCo Trading Ltd.
The aims of the programme are:
- to provide access to finance for small and medium enterprises operating within the cultural/creative industries, enabling business growth and supporting talent development
- to improve the business skills and commercial experience of small and medium enterprises operating within the cultural and creative industries
- to improve the financial profile and lending history of creative industry small and medium enterprises with growth potential, enabling them - to attract further investment from the private sector, thereby becoming more sustainable as independent enterprises
- to provide an evidence base for the demand and effectiveness of loan finance as an alternative to grant funding for commercially viable cultural and creative industry enterprises
The programme comprises two components:
- training and support - one-to-one business development support with a specialist business adviser
- access to finance - an opportunity to apply for a loan of up to GBP25,000 to help you develop and grow your business.
Tom Fleming Creative Consultancy will provide summative and formative evaluation and operate as learning partners to key stakeholders across the programme. The evaluation will conclude in 2014.
- 22 Dec 12
Guimaraes 2012 Set for Spectacular Closing Event
Guimaraes, European Capital of Culture 2012, will stage its final large-scale event on Saturday 22 December. The streets of the city centre will be packed with revellers celebrating a year of unprecedented cultural activities and significant culture-led transformation.
Tom Fleming has been working with the city for over 3 years and is Programme Director for the Creative City (Cidade) area. It has been an incredible privilege to take part in a smaller city with a big heart that has embraced the opportunity of European Capital of Culture to deliver a truly inspiring set of activities.
Tom's involvement culminated in the Cidade Campus - a major event for creative-city-makers from across Europe, with a special focus on the role of creativity and the creative economy for smaller cities.
Films, photos and written content showcasing this event and the wider Cidade Programme can be seen here:
Congratulations to Guimaraes 2012 for an inspiring year and best of luck for a wonderful future. As the motto of the Cidade Programme says: Let's (re)imagine the possibility of the city.
- 8 Dec 12
Tom Fleming delivers a Creative Economy Workshop in Funchal, Madeira
On the invitation of the Madeiran cultural experts Giramondu, Tom Fleming hosted leading stakeholders in the Madeiran Creative Industries to explore how the island can develop a more balanced and productive economy.
This included discussions on how the tourism sector can involve greater emphasis on creative production, how young talent can be supported to be more entrepreneurial, and how the island can integrate creative approaches across its main development agendas.
This forms the first of an exciting longer-term relationship between Tom Fleming Creative Consultancy and Madeira.